Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Alabama Back Roads BBQ Chicken, Take 5

My intention was to make this differently this time: doing only the dry rub and skipping the sauce to see if just maybe I can get the crispy skin I'd been striving for since the first take.


I couldn't help it though. I couldn't imagine not having the sauce.


Can you believe that at one time I was grossed out by a mayo-based BBQ sauce? It's funny how you can perceive something to be one thing and it turns out to blow your mind.


I thought applying the sauce very sparingly would work out.


Surely gorgeous; it might be psychosomatic, but I think it's better slathered with the sauce.


But still so, so, so very good, exquisite really, and so amazingly juicy.


This was done most like Take 3. Click any link below for the recipe; click 'em all to see the variations completed so far. Without a doubt, this is my favorite chicken recipe.

Take 4


0 comments: