Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

McCormick Pure Almond Extract



The lemon muffin recipe I'm going to execute calls for some almond extract. So I bought some.

If you want to get some, look in the baking aisle of your grocery. There will be a section of little boxes like this one, a variety of extracts. Maybe I'll try this recipe sometime.


Like vanilla extract, there's not much to almond extract. Water, alcohol, and almond oil. I'd hate to be the guy squeezing the oil from an almond. Har, har! Of course, I'm kidding. It's likely extracted, hence, extract, rather than essence.


Check out the new and improved cap. It has a pour spout which, I see now, isn't very clearly illustrated here. You'll just have to trust me. FYI, don't use the extract if the white tamper-proof seal has been adulterated. Mine looks ok.


When you open it, you'll know it's almond extract. It's almondy and alcoholy all at once.

McCormick almond extract, no artificial flavorings or colors, in a 1-oz bottle with a pour-spout cap, available at Smart & Final for $5.89.

Update, 12/09/12
Have some you want to use but can't find a recipe? Take a look at one of these:


0 comments: