Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Nestle Semi-Sweet Morsels



If I buy chocolate chips, it's usually the Nestle semi-sweet morsels. These chips are just available everywhere and Costco sells them in a big bag, which is cost effective.

The big bag comes with a zip-lock, called INNO-lok, which is convenient.


Having eaten these my entire life, I can tell a difference between Nestle and other brands which is sort of weird since the ingredients are almost always nearly the same. It's the almost that makes them different though.

For example these chips have chocolate where the Ralph's mini-chips had chocolate liquor. And Ralph's replaces the milkfat found in the Nestle chips with butter oil. I'm not completely confident, but butter oil is likely what's left after butter solids are removed - clarified butter.


But maybe I wouldn't notice the difference if I didn't have a tendency to just eat the chips by the handful straight from the bag.


Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips, available in a 72-oz bag at Costco for $9.88.

0 comments: