Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Trade Winds Celery Seeds



The potato salad recipe I'm going to try called for some celery seeds. Conscious of the fact that I'd need only a small container, I looked and looked, but could only find this behemoth at Smart & Final. By behemoth, I mean 7 ounces, as in nearly half a pound.


If you have any favorite recipes calling for celery seeds, let me know.


According to Larousse Gastronomique, these tiny, granular, itty-bitty things, "are used as a seasoning, having a taste similar to fennel." Click on the photo - they actually look like tiny fennel seeds.


And they are actually really pretty, aren't they? I had a sweater about this color once; I loved it and wore it all the time.

Trade Winds celery seeds, available at Smart & Final for $3.99/7 oz.

0 comments: