Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Food Plan and Grocery List, 060912

Last week I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with chips for dinner every day. I followed those main courses with dessert: vanilla ice cream sprinkled with handfuls of chocolate chips. Apparently, if I don't plan like an adult, I'll eat like a 5-year-old.

Because my blood glucose levels have got to be off the charts, and because I received the latest copy of Cooking Club magazine, it's time to cook something legitimately well-rounded. The majority of the summer issue is geared toward grilling so I'm going to have to 1. buy a grill, or 2. improvise. We'll see if I try injecting sugar straight into my veins when my brain realizes the lack of continuous sugar.

Grill-Roasted Chicken with Tarragon Creamed Corn
Lemon-Almond Muffin with Lemon Drizzle

Stater Bros.
  • Knudsen heavy whipping cream: $1.99/half-pint
  • Breyers french vanilla: $4.49
  • Foster Farms whole chicken: $4.71 @ 0.99/lb
  • green onions: $0.79/bunch
  • white corn in husks: $4.72/6 (though I was charged for 8)
  • lemons: $0.69/2
  • fresh tarragon: $2.49
  • TOTAL: $20.57
Ralph's:
  • Dannon plain yogurt: $4.19
  • TOTAL: $4.19
Grand Total: $24.76
Total for the year: $1045.67


0 comments: