Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lamppost Pizza's The Whole Nine Yards



It's been a couple of months since I had pizza. Doing a Google search, I saw this small-ish chain had a store not too far away.

Placing my order on the phone for pick-up, I requested the Whole Nine Yards: Mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, bacon, onion, bell peppers and olives. What's not to like about that?


Each slice is nice and tidy, while loaded full of clearly fresh vegetables (save for the black olives).


The onions and peppers offer a satisfying near-crunch and even the bacon bits are real, chewy and salty porky. The sausage was quite mild, the sauce not exceptional. The crust was fantastic.

I'll have to try another of their pies, I've already decided which one, and see if that one will hit it home for me. This particular one was good, but not what I'd consider outstanding and I'd hate to miss out on what could be an excellent offering there.

The big guy behind the counter asked if I had a Chargers card, whatever that is, or any coupons, then gave me a discount anyway.

Lamppost Pizza's 14" Whole Nine Yards, $22.19 OTD on the AmEx.

0 comments: