Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Oatmeal Trials, 3

Monday:


That's 1/3 cup of Coach's Oats topped with water to the 1 cup line. Maybe I used 100% power instead of the recommended 70%. Good thing that turn table thingy was clean. I hesitated for about 0.2 seconds before scooping all of it into a bowl and added dry cranberries and a little brown sugar. This stuff does thicken after standing.

Tuesday:


Same process as above, except I used the 2-cup measuring glass and 70% power. Still a slight bit of overflow. Diced apples were stirred in and the texture was fantastic, becoming perfect as I ate it on the way to work.

Wednesday:

This time I made it in a bowl since both measuring glasses were dirty. The cinnamon I forgot above was added. This is perfect.

Thursday:
Apparently I was in too much of a hurry to spend 3 minutes making breakfast.

Friday:

So I thought that I had the Coach's Oats oatmeal figured out. A 50:50 milk:water was used and it didn't turn out anything like water alone did. The oatmeal, with dates, as quite soupy. Overall, I'm happy with Coach's Oats. When I don't goof up the directions they come out nicely. No matter what, they aren't mushy!

0 comments: