Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Barilla Whole Grain Penne



I don't know if I've ever used whole grain pasta.

It's supposed to be good for you, according to the people backing whole grains. I was just interested in seeing how it cooks compared to regular pasta.


If you're interested in increasing your fiber intake, whole grain pasta is three times your pleasure compared to Barilla rotini. I'm all about the fiber!


The 8 ounces of penne called for in the next recipe while the salted water was brought to a raging boil.


The pasta was added.


After 6 minutes I started testing the pasta for al dente doneness and found it was done at 8 minutes. Immediately, the heat was turned off.


Checking again after draining, I'll tell you right now, this was some firm pasta. I caught it at the perfect moment.


Barilla Whole Grain Penne, available in ethnic aka pasta aisle of Stater Bros. for $2.29 per 13.75 oz box. 

0 comments: