Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend



Almost out of gluten-free flour, I swung by the store to get more. While there, I investigated this stuff, Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend.

It's a blend of brown rice flour, tapioca starch, white rice flour, potato starch, sorghum flour, arrowroot starch, sweet rice flour, and guar gum.


With the guar gum already mixed in, no additional ingredients such as xanthan gum is necessary, which is convenient. What I'll do with the xanthan gum I have in the fridge if Pamela's is a winner is a good question.


It'd be nice if the little bag is resealable, but you can't always get what you want.


There were other Pamela's mixes available specific for pancakes and waffles or cookies, but I'm banking on the flour blend being an all-purpose replacement for wheat flour allowing for flexibility in making whatever I want.


Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend, available at Sprouts in the gluten-free section for $5.99 a 24-oz bag. That makes each 1/4 cup about $0.26.



March 24, 2013
I like Pamela's so much that I bought some more even before the little bag was gone.


I was worried I'd be short-handed.


This time I bought the big bag. And look! It comes with a zipper on the bag.


Now that's convenient!


Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend, available in the gluten-free section of Sprouts in a 4-lb bag for $14.99. That makes each of about 60 quarter cup servings about $0.25.

0 comments: