Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Richin Coconut Milk



Here's another something that's been banging around in the pantry for about two-and-a-half years. I don't remember exactly why I bought it. Apparently I was planning on making a mahi mahi dish.


It's likely I never opened the can because I didn't want to waste all but the two tablespoons I'd need. Now that I think about it, I probably decided the macadamia nuts were too glamorous for my budget at the time. Or I got lazy.


But the big reason I didn't open the can is because I'm not really a fan of coconut milk. This is based solely on having one curry dish with coconut milk in it. I've never ordered curry since that one time either.


Since coconut milk is just the juice squeezed from freshly shredded coconuts, I realize the source of my disappointment. Years ago, I'd purchased a coconut thinking that the fresh flesh would be spectacular. Dry coconut is delicious, so fresh would be better, right? Imagine my surprise when finding that the flesh wasn't anything like the desiccated sweetened flakes in a bag. I've not purchased a fresh coconut since.


We'll see if I change my coconut milk tune with the next rice dish.

Richin coconut milk, available at HMart for $0.79 a 13.5-oz can.

0 comments: