Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Boneless Pork Loin Roast



I needed a 3 1/2-pound center-cut boneless pork loin for my Latin meal. Unfortunately, I didn't have the luxury of picking and choosing which part of the loin my roast would be from. A gut feeling tells me this ain't no center-cut.


On sale for $2.49/lb, I wasn't going to complain.


Those diagonal striations look like they divide two different muscles.


It is distinctly different from the center-cut pork loin I used for that Roast Pork with Fennel, Leek and Lemon recipe, which looked almost exactly like that pork loin used in the Pork Loin Roast recipe.


Ok, so walking around on the internet for 30 minutes, I've found that this end is the shoulder or blade end of the loin, aka, a slab of boneless country-style ribs. Who'd have guessed?

The recipe didn't say anything specifically about prepping the roast, such as removing fat, so I left it as is. Well, aside from using paper towel to absorb excess moisture.

Boneless Pork Loin Roast available in the meat case at Ralph's for $2.49/lb on sale.

0 comments: