Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Jumbo Cooked Tail-On Shrimp



Almost 100% of the time I limit shrimp purchases to those out of the freezer section when on sale. Every once in a while I'll get some from the seafood counter where they are usually bigger and already thawed. Normally priced at $16.99 per pound, I got these on sale, 50% off.

They didn't even smell off as in "ew, we need to get these out of the store quick before we can't sell 'em at all."


These jumbo shrimp were number 21/25 which means there are about 21 or 25 to a pound. So my 0.46 lbs would yield about 7-12 shrimp.


Already cooked, all I had to do was peel the tails off.


And then I realized that I really should've purchased the pre-cooked salad shrimp since they would be chopped up anyway. The smaller the shrimp, the less costly they tend to be. Lesson learned.


Jumbo (21/25) shrimp, cooked, with tails on available from the seafood counter at Ralph's for $8.99/lb on sale.

0 comments: