Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sun Dried Tomato and Shrimp Pasta with Artichokes & Mushrooms



Or should I call this Sun Dried Tomato and Shrimp Pasta with Artichokes and Bad Mushrooms? I can't believe I used them. They were picked out before I ate the pasta, yet it caused me to consider how not-perfect mushrooms were used and thus there was not-perfect mushroom juice all over the pretty shrimp and noodles and artichokes. Oy!

Anyway, now that I have about 2 lbs of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, I haven't found a second recipe to use them in. And that's where the manufacturer's website came in handy. Use fresh ingredients.

Sun Dried Tomato and Shrimp Pasta with Artichokes & Mushrooms
adapted from Bella Sun Luci
click to print

12 oz spaghetti
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 large shallot, chopped
2 tsp garlic, minced
3/4 c Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs, julienne
13 oz marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
1-2 tbsp butter
1/2 c dry white wine
1 lb. shrimp (medium)
1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated

Bring water to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.

Meanwhile, coat large deep sauté pan with oil and heat on medium.


Add garlic and chopped shallots and sauté until tender (approx 5 minutes).


Stir in sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, mushrooms, and butter.


Add wine and allow it to reduce by about half over 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.


Stir in shrimp and cook until shrimp is cooked, approximately 5 minutes.


Add pinch of crushed red pepper to taste, drained pasta, and pasta water; combine well.


Top with a portion of grated cheese; serve with remaining cheese.



Great flavor combinations in this dish - and so fast to prepare once the mise en place is done! I was really hating that I used older mushrooms and got all weird about it. I really like sun-dried tomatoes a lot and wonder why I haven't used them in everything, replacing fresh tomatoes.

What's the story with my gradually becoming anti-tomato?

Cost:
TOTAL: $17.13 or about $4.28 for each of four servings.

0 comments: