Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Ghirardelli Classic White Baking Chips



You have got to be fucking kidding me.


I bought these thinking that of course, Ghirardelli white chips would be chocolate. It's Ghirardelli!


But no. They are sugary oil chips just like those other ones. Wait, not JUST like, Ghirardelli splurges by adding vanilla.


And sure, they taste good, but that's beside the point. What a sham! When will I start learning to read all the labels AT the store?

I should note that Ghirardelli does offer white chocolate bars, but they weren't there at the store.

Ghirardelli non-chocolate Classic White Morsels available right next to their chocolate offerings in the baking aisle of Target for $2.49 an 11-oz bag.

1 comments:

PsychoHipE said...

These actually hold their shape better and have a better texture in cookies. If I'm needing real white chocolate for a sauce or pastry cream, Gamache, etc. I use the bars. Also check out Green & Black Organic's white chocolate bar, it has bits of vanilla bean in it and is amazing!