Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Nordic Ware Original Bundt Pan



If you're going to make a bundt cake, you'll need a bundt pan. Nordic Ware is, apparently, the company who first produced the bundt pan (and I guess would have been the originators of the bundt cake) and are proud to manufacture in the US. And they actually MAKE their stuff IN the US, which is impressive.


They offer an array of bundt designs but I went for the classical bundt, no cathedrals,, no fancy fleur de lis, no swirls, no roses, just clean lines for my cakes.  And they offer different materials and weights. I went for the cast aluminum. It's shiny and weighty without being ridiculous but not plasticy.


After washing and drying it, I set about prepping it for my pumpkin recipe. The surface is quite slickery smooth, but it is recommended to generously butter and flour the pan. Not knowing how generous was enough, I loaded up.

Butter. Lots, probably a tablespoon, making sure to get in the crevices.


I put my flour in, two big spoonfuls.


And shook it all about before inverting it and banging the excess out over the sink.


Nordic Ware Original Bundt pan, a 12 cup capacity, available at Target in the baking part of the kitchen section for $24.99.

0 comments: