Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Central Valley Creamery Mykonos Feta Cheese



A recipe I've decided to try calls for some feta cheese. I'm gonna tell you right now I'm not a fan of the super tangy and salty feta, so when I shopped I looked for the smallest package available.

Like most cheeses, that means an 8-ounce package.

Ingredients: cultured pasteurized Grade A whole milk, cream, calcium, salt, non-animal Kosher rennet.

Cutting the package open, some of the brine leaked out.


Conveniently, feta is easily cut into cubes. I estimated that half the brick would yield 1 cup of crumbled cheese so I cut out three cubes, each about one ounce each, for the next recipe which calls for 3/4 cup of crumbled cheese.


Those three cubes were crumbled into a dish. Now it's time to make some dinner.


Central Valley Creamery Mykonos Feta Cheese available at Sprouts for $4.49/8 oz package, making it about $0.56 per ounce.

0 comments: