Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Grocery List, 062913

Last night I found a notice on my door, just like those posted on other doors, stating the apartment complex is under new management. I've yet to hear what is happening with the roof on this building - there is plenty of evidence of work happening on the garages and on other buildings. So do I cough up the June rent in addition to the July rent even though I don't know for certain the roof is fixed AND the damage from the inadequate roof "fixes" over the years haven't been repaired? Or do I pay July and continue withholding June with hopes that I don't get the pay or quit notice? Or do I get real ballsy and not pay July either?

While I stew over that, I might as well make something to eat. Consumed with Gordon Ramsay (finished watching Masterchef US season 2 Thursday night and started Season 3 last night), I've found a couple of his main courses interesting. The dessert is someone else's, from a magazine.

Spicy Sausage Rice
Beef Meatballs with Orechiette, Kale and Pine Nuts
Chocolate Almond Joy Cupcakes

Ralph's
  • milk: $1.39/quart
  • orecchiette: $3.99/lb
  • chardonnay: $5.99
  • organic kale: $1.49/bunch
  • Fuji apples (2): $2.04/1.14 lb
  • tomato: $0.59/0.55 lb
  • cilantro: $0.59/bunch
  • red onion: $0.91/0.61 lb
  • red bell pepper: $1.50
  • hot Italian sausage: $3.99/lb
  • boule: $1.99
TOTAL: $24.47

And crap, so now I need to either go for Italian parsley or skip it in the rice recipe.

Smart & Final:
  • Italian parsley: $0.79/bunch

Grand Total: $25.26
Total for the year: $943.39


0 comments: