Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Grocery List, 071413

Wednesday I got a 3-day Notice to Pay or Quit. Thursday night I got a new notice, that we have yet a new manager, or rather, managers. A his-and-her matching set of tenants-turned-on-site managers. I wrote them a letter, attached it to a CD which held a copy of the tome I'd written the last manager, imploring them to read the letter on the CD which explains my reasons for withholding July rent, asked them to withdraw the 3-day notice to pay or quit and tell me what the plan is for repair. Today I received a notice from the last property manager who wants to look at my water heater. I don't know what's going on.

So where does this leave me with the food thing? This week:
Spaghetti with Chilli, Sardines, and Oregano (I will make it this time, I swear)
Grilled Tuna Tacos
Sautéed Margarita Shrimp
Cinnamon Peach Cobbler

Grower's Direct:
pie apples: $2.87/5.85 lb
vine-ripened tomatoes (2): $0.81/0.63 lb
peaches (3): $1.39/1.56 lb
cherries: $3.24/1.63 lb
limes (2): $0.21/0.27 lb
green onions: $0.39/bunch
avocado: $0.99
jalapeno: $0.09/0.07 lb
cilantro: $0.49
baby arugula: $2.49
fresh mint: $1.29
TOTAL: $14.26

Ralph's:
ancho chili powder: $1.99
Fage yogurt: $3.49
ahi tuna: $27.74
shrimp: $10.49
TOTAL: $43.71

Grand Total: $57.97
Total for the year: $1036.05

............................................................................
And while unpacking the groceries, the new managers, the couple, came by and took a look around. He took photos with his cell phone to send to the new owner. Asking what it would take to get a check from me, I let him know I'm not unreasonable. If they can let me know what the plan is for the apartment along with the timeline for getting it fixed, I'll give them a check. No sooner.

0 comments: