Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Whips also known as Whisks



When I was at the store recently I picked a couple of whisks. There's my old one, the one with the metal handle between the new ones.


Did you notice when I made macaroni and cheese last that I had a paper towel around the handle right where the whippy wirey bits go into the handle? Look at when the egg yolks were whisked. The handle takes up water when I wash it and then it leaks out when I use it to whisk stuff. And that totally grosses me right the eff out.


The new whisks won't do that because they have glue where the whippy wirey bits go into the handle so water can't get in there. Now I can be confident I won't be adding dishwater to my food. And dang it, I forgot to get a new brush.


8" Sauce Whip with wooden handle: $6.50
14" Sauce Whip with wooden handle: $10.10
Get one of each at Chef's Toys for $17.93 including tax.

0 comments: